Holy Cross Ministries’ School Readiness Program is looking for a preschool teacher who wants to make a difference in the lives of children. We are looking for an individual who wants to bring creativity into the classroom while embracing the joys of working with children. Our commitment is to hire a teacher who can provide a fun, safe and loving atmosphere at school. Please note that this is a year-round position.
Candidates should have the skills and qualifications to perform the required duties, including the ability to effectively instruct young children and adjust teaching methods to meet different learning styles. Some additional qualifications and skills include:
- Developing activities that are fun and educational for young children
- Following the Creative Curriculum for weekly planning
- Entering data into our data collection system (ETO)
- Instructing young children on the rules of conduct and learning new tasks
- Selecting appropriate teaching methods and adapting to children’s learning styles
- Communicating effectively with children, parents and coworkers
- Working well with others, including other teachers
- Actively listening to understand and adapt to the various needs of children and parents
- Demonstrating patience and compassion suitable for working with young children
- While bilingual skills are not a requirement, familiarity with the Spanish language is a preferred quality of a successful candidate.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary: $18/hour
SCHOOL READINESS PROGRAM CLEANING CLASSROOM ASSISTANT
Holy Cross Ministries is seeking a cleaning classroom assistant for its School Readiness Program. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure our preschool students and teachers are safe in a clean and sanitized environment. This classroom assistant will be responsible for cleaning certain parts of the school site following health and safety guidelines.
Duties may include some of the following:
- Vacuuming classroom and common areas
- Wiping classroom furniture, toys, mats, etc.
- Sanitizing the classroom at the end of the day
- Emptying and cleaning trash cans
- Cleaning toilets
- Mopping and spray cleaning hard surfaces
- Replenishing janitorial supplies in bathrooms, etc.
- Assisting the teachers during lunch time and nap time
This position is full-time (32 hours per week) with benefits. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to School Readiness Program Coordinator Miriam Garcia at email@example.com.